Jaukiausia palata visiems citroligoniams
Dabar yra Kov 29 2024, 11:57

Visos datos yra Array Etc/GMT-2

Naujos temos kūrimas  Atsakyti į temą  [ 6 pranešimai(ų) ] 
Autorius Žinutė
StandartinėParašytas: Bir 20 2011, 21:18 
Atsijungęs
Naujokas

Citroen claim that 841 cars were flooded in Livorno Italy in Feb 2009 and have taken action to remove these cars from the roads of Europe. I have such a car although I do not believe that it was ever flooded. Using the Freedom of Information Act here in Slovakia, I found out that some of these cars have turned up in Lithuania. Does anyone know anything about the situation in Lithuania? Are the police trying to force you to scrap your cars?
The full list of affected Vin numbers can be found here (the letters are in Slovak but the list of cars is in Excel)
http://www.telecom.gov.sk/index/index.php?ids=101613

Į viršų
StandartinėParašytas: Bir 22 2011, 08:34 
Atsijungęs
Plepys
Vartotojo avataras

Dan rašė:
Citroen claim that 841 cars were flooded in Livorno Italy in Feb 2009 and have taken action to remove these cars from the roads of Europe. I have such a car although I do not believe that it was ever flooded. Using the Freedom of Information Act here in Slovakia, I found out that some of these cars have turned up in Lithuania. Does anyone know anything about the situation in Lithuania? Are the police trying to force you to scrap your cars?
The full list of affected Vin numbers can be found here (the letters are in Slovak but the list of cars is in Excel)
http://www.telecom.gov.sk/index/index.php?ids=101613

It is hard to say, there is no reliable information, unless the official dealers know it. Registering a car in Lithuania is carried out only for the VIN code. I believe that many of these cars are in Russia and other Eastern countries. Thank your for the information.

'07 Peugot 307 SW HDi 135
AM/FM Canva 278 ASQ Farun JBA 230 - 66

Į viršų
StandartinėParašytas: Bir 22 2011, 18:21 
Atsijungęs
Senbuvis

A lot of those cars have surfaced in Lithuania. They are mainly Citroen C4 Grand Picassos. It is very easy to spot one - the VIN number (located on the chassis leg, where the shock absober is) is cut away. Somehow the local resellers managed to register the cars and now they are driven like any other Citroen C4 Picasso :)

They have been flooded, but not that much, to write them off. I have seen some gearboxes get broken because of the flooding - you could see water marks about halfway of the flywheel, where rust damaged the gearbox.

Į viršų
StandartinėParašytas: Bir 24 2011, 13:23 
Atsijungęs
Naujokas

Where is the cut away section? I'd like to check my car.

Citroen Slovakia 'helpfully' sold the car dealer replacement VIN numbers and a duplicate Certificate of Conformity.

Į viršų
StandartinėParašytas: Bir 25 2011, 22:14 
Atsijungęs
Senbuvis

It is under the bonnet, passenger side, near the shock absorber. It is hard to describe the exact spot, but it should be clearly visible.

On the cars I have seen they have clear metal, sprayed with body colour on it and now chassis number there.

I heard, that the local registration office guys bought the flooded cars and found a way to register them only by the chassis number under the front windscreen.

Į viršų
StandartinėParašytas: Bir 26 2011, 23:13 
Atsijungęs
Naujokas

Thanks, Citroen said the cut out was from the lower part of the car, I assumed under the car.

The VIN number near the engine is clearly visible and looked like it was original, I couldn't see any signs of welding or deformation. The engine compartment VIN plate was supplied by Citroen Slovakia to the dealer I bought it from so I can assume it is original.

Į viršų
Rodyti paskutinius pranešimus:  Rūšiuoti pagal  
Naujos temos kūrimas  Atsakyti į temą  [ 6 pranešimai(ų) ] 

Visos datos yra Array Etc/GMT-2

Dabar prisijungę

Vartotojai naršantys šį forumą: 1 ir 0 svečių

Jūs negalite kurti naujų temų šiame forume
Jūs negalite atsakinėti į temas šiame forume
Jūs negalite redaguoti savo pranešimų šiame forume
Jūs negalite trinti savo pranešimų šiame forume
Jūs negalite prikabinti failų šiame forume

Ieškoti: